Banish Negative Thoughts For Good
Throughout our lives we experience every emotion possible – from fear and hate right through to love and passion. We will often feed off these emotions to drive us forward. Our emotions are there to enable us to survive and prosper in a sometime hostile world and environment. Our emotions will stimulate in us a physiological response. For instance fear will stimulate a chemical response in our bodies which kick starts our “fight or flight” response mechanisms enabling us instinctively to deal better with a perceived threat. Then, on the other end of the spectrum, there is passion which stimulates in us….. well, I think we know the rest.
Many emotions we experience will stimulate or re-inforce a positive attitude to the world around us. When we are in love, for instance, we will feel energised and more positive about many, if not all, aspects of our lives. Everything can seem to fall into place and our positive outlook will bring more positive results.
On the other end of the scale,however , we can get stuck in a cycle of negative behaviour and thought patterns. The world is not such a welcoming place .We think that bad things are going to happen all the time. We think the worst of every situation and thus by our thought patterns and negative behaviour we start to lose site of the positive aspects of our lives. This can be a spiralling, downward trend that begins to restrict our ability to function normally in the world.
Change your negative thoughts.
We need to deal with our negative thought patterns before they take control of us – but how?
Well the first thing we need to do is recognise the negative thoughts and stop accepting them as normal. Ask yourself if you are being negative or positive. When thoughts enter you head that are giving you a hard time, recognise them as a problem. Be as self- critical as you can to try to pin point your negative thoughts. As long as we recognise and can identify our negative thoughts for what they are we can then do something about it.
Once we have identified the negative thoughts we need to flip them on their head and make them positive or develop techniques to banish them entirely when they start to appear.Obviously , this is not an easy thing to do. However with time and practice negative thoughts can become a thing of the past.
Here are a few techniques to help you banish those negative thoughts for good.
- Develop a strategy for banishing negative thoughts. This can be as simple as saying to yourself that you are not going to listen to the negative thoughts. Practice ways of refocusing your attention to another more positive subject when negative thoughts keep returning. Persistence is the key. Do not expect results straight away just keep focusing your mind on positive aspects of your life.
- If you are finding it hard to refocus on positive areas of your life then try banishing the negative thoughts through simple distraction techniques .If , for instance , you are relaxing on the sofa when negative thoughts start to dominate your mind , simply change what you are doing. Get up and do something completely different to refocus the mind.
- Exercise is a great way to keep yourself fit both physically and mentally. Choose exercise that you enjoy – walking, sport , aerobics – the list is endless. Whilst you are exercising you will often find that you do not have time for negative thoughts to dominate your mind. If they start to creep in during exercise then focus all your attention on what you are doing- the steps you are taking, the road you are running on, the ball you are hitting-Refocus.
- Good deep breathing is key to a relaxed and positive mind. Start by finding a comfortable relaxed place to sit. Relax your body and mind whilst you breath in deeply through your nose , hold you breathe for a couple of seconds and then exhale slowly through your mouth. All the time focus on your breathing and you will, in time, find negative thoughts cannot enter your head. Do this whenever you have a chance through the day.
- Choose yourself a daily “mantra” that you are going to focus on each day.“I am going to smile more today”-“I am going to achieve today”.You can change the mantra each day or use the same one all the time. Keep refocusing on this mantra throughout the day. As you see positive results in your life these mantras will out weigh all your negative thoughts and start to banish them entirely.
These are just some of the techniques that you can try to start to readjust your negative thought patterns. It may take time to succeed so don’t expect overnight success. However, with perseverance you will be able to slowly change your negative patterns into a positive outlook and you will soon see the benefits of all your efforts. With a positive outlook anything is possible and the world becomes less grey and more multi-coloured.
Here at Psychic Waters we have many Psychic readers who are also experienced life coaches. If you are struggling with an area of your life and want to put some clarity into your life then our psychic readers are here to help. Calls are held in the strictest of confidence and all our psychic readers are highly experienced in delivering quality psychic readings by phone.